We are creating a purpose-built village area offering day time and evening time activities and experiences. We hope it becomes a vibrant hub for everyone, providing a wide range of entertainment, areas to grow friendships, chill out, or party the night away.
During the day you will get to see the Big Top shows, access a range of shops and food outlets and discover organisations raising awareness about the world around us.
During the evening you will have access to;
- ‘Scout Collecting’ exhibition, a unique and special celebration of our Scouting history marking the end of the first decade of our second century.
- ‘Our Amazing World’ an interactive, walk in discovery zone, challenging our understanding of the effect we have on our environment.
- The Village stage, hosting dance, singers, bands and KIJ exclusive performances throughout the week.
- Club 110 our dance venue hosted by KIJ’s house DJ ‘DJ Nev’
- Village Club a place to hang out with friends with games area.
- Club 14-18 offering a range of evening entertainment for older participants.
- 600 seater Cinema showing some great classics
- World organisation stands
- Africa regional projects and awareness workshops
- Badge collecting area
- Shelter box workshops
- iScout clothing store
- Go Outdoors store
- The KIJ clothing and memorabilia store
- Milkshake shake
- Italian ice cream parlour
- English food bar
- Sweet shop
- Popcorn & slush bar
- English tea rooms offering hot and cold snacks (also offer a lunchtime service)
- Back in the day walk through experience
- Classic cars
- Various UK charities
- Street entertainers
- Climbing wall
- Guide Dogs for the blind interactive zone
- Media hub
- International Café. Teas and crafts from around the world.
- Global Adventures. A Kent Scout international area.
- KIJ’s FM Radio station with walk in opportunities
- The Crooked Staff - Adult only area.
The Village list is growing so please revisit nearer the time for updates